I love taking pictures. But sometimes I take so many that I don't know what to do with them. Ever had that problem. So I have decided on a few options. Maybe some of these might work for you.
1. Photo books! I love photo books. Basically it is like a scrapbook without all the work that comes with making a scrapbook. There are so many sites that give you the options to make them. Like My Publisher, Shutterfly, and Picaboo. You are given so many options. Such as your layouts, colors, cover styles, fonts, and even stickers to jazz them up. Your memories are memorialized and you were able to create something beautiful in over half the time!
2. Scrapbooks. Some people love creating and using their hands to make something memorable. I am one of those people. But I lack the time and money to make a good go of this option.
3. Digital copies. This seems to be the main option for most people. Sometimes you just have so many images that it is nice to have them all in one place where you can just scroll through and view. Using the digital copies as backgrounds on your phone, tablets, computers. Adding them to your social media outlets so others can enjoy them as well. And a big plus for these is that you can see them all and pick certain ones easily to do more fun stuff with. Which leads to my next couple options.
4. Prints. There are so many options for printing you photos. At home printers, Walgreens, Walmart, online photo shops, even grocery stores! Taking your favorite images and printing them gives you the opportunity to display them in so many places in multiple ways.
5. Displaying your favorites! Photos are not just your typical picture frame fare anymore. With DIYers and unconventional ways to show off your favorites, there should be no lack of options. Take a look at some of these cool displays.
So no matter whether you take pictures with your phones, DSLR camera, go pros, etc, how do you handle the many many images that we take each day?
One of the things I love best about photography is that anything can be your subject. All it takes is looking around you and in a moment you can find something that stirs your creative juices. For me it can be just about anything. The other day we cut some small trees down. We made a little space for them in the yard and piled them up on top of each other. As I was looking at them laid out, it was such a neat thing because they made such a cool pattern. When I look at flower bushes I see potential for cool close up photography. I see my dog Maizy just hanging out and think what a pretty subject she would be.
And one of the most amazing things about this is that I don’t have to use my professional camera. I am amazed at the every day things that I can turn into awesome shots just by using my camera phone. Now people make fun of me because they say I take pictures all the time with my phone. Yes I’m talking about you Michelle. Heh heh! But I have also come to realize that it’s just the simple things in my every day life that can stand out to me. Which in my eyes can make them unique. Whether it’s the simple thing of taking pictures as I cut up a watermelon. Or maybe even all the amazing concerts we get the chance to go to. Or how about my dad when he makes a funny face..
So you see, I have learned that some of the best things in life are simple things. I would like to make a challenge. I know they’re probably not many people that actually read this. But I would like you to find something simple in your day, no matter what it is, and take a picture!
Find what you see as unique. Find what you see as cool. Find something creative. And take a picture.